Subsequent Bike Fit – Other Bike
What to expect
The process will be very similar to your initial fitting except that the time required to gather background information and conduct the physical screening will typically be reduced. The extent to which it is reduced is largely dependent on the amount of time that has passed since your previous assessment and the degree to which your needs and/or physical characteristics have changed in the meantime.
The time required for fitting is also highly variable and depends on how similar the bike (and its intended use) are to the bike we have previously fitted. For example, fitting to a TT bike when previously fitted to a road bike will generally take longer than fitting a new road bike, especially if the same shoes, pedals and saddle are being used.
Following completion of your fit you will be provided with a report detailing pre- and post-fit measurements, any recommendations and a summary of interventions applied.
Multiple bikes and/or pairs of cycling shoes
If you wish to have more than one bike and/or pair pf shoes fitted in one session then you must advise us of this in advance so we can reserve additional time.
We will advise you of the expected time requirement and any variation to our minimum fee.
Things to bring (or send through prior) to your appointment
- Your usual cycling clothing and footwear*
- Your bike
- Means of payment (card or cash)
Optional (but recommended)
- Any potentially useful bicycle components you may have on hand (e.g. different handlebar stems, spare saddles, fresh cleats etc.)
- Private Health Fund card if you wish to claim a rebate on the spot (see here for participating funds – select Physiotherapists)
Terms of Service
The stated fee does not cover parts/components or other goods supplied in the course of providing the service.
To provide greater certainty with respect to fees, a Telehealth (video/phone) consultation can be arranged in advance to gather background information which can then be used to provide an estimate on time and cost for you. In doing so we will cap our fees at the upper end of the range provided. Note that our ability to estimate time/cost relies on accurate and complete information being provided. Our fee cap will not apply:
- when dealing with circumstances we cannot be reasonably expected to foresee (e.g. time spent addressing a bicycle maintenance issue in order to be able to proceed);
- where inaccurate/incomplete information is provided that materially impacts on our ability to estimate duration (e.g. failing to disclose in advance the presence of an injury requiring assessment); and/or
- where additional work is requested in the course of the consultation that we were not advised of in advance.
Payment in full is due at the end of your consultation unless prior arrangements have been made.
If you arrive late we may not be able to provide you with the full booked duration, however, the minimum fee will still apply. We recognise that sometimes things get in the way of arriving on time and so we allow a 10min grace period following your scheduled appointment start time before commencing billing for our time.
Cancellation / Rescheduling
Notice of intent to cancel or reschedule must be received by 5pm the day prior for morning appointments and by 7am on the day for afternoon appointments to avoid cancellation fees. This is so that we have sufficient opportunity to make the appointment to available to other clients and avoid financial harm to our business.
If notice of your intent to cancel/reschedule is not given by the applicable time then a fee equal to 50% of the minimum fee will apply. Note that this may be higher than stated on the service/fee schedule page where you have requested that additional time be set aside for your booking.This fee may be reduced or waived at our discretion where extenuating circumstances exist.